A super simple and delicious salad perfect for summer. Add a little protein of your choice, grilled or blackened chicken is perfect with this, and you’ve got a balanced plate! This will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Servings 12 Energy Balls
- 1 cup cooked quinoa cook in broth instead of water for more flavor
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 freshly squeezed limes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package with low sodium chicken broth.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooling, whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- When quinoa is cooled, add bell pepper, onions, black beans and cilantro.
- Stir in dressing.
- Let salad chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.